1. The frantic attempt of both the Press Secretary of Prime Minister Najib Razak and 1-MDB to placate the mounting anger of the Malaysian citizenry is pathetic, laughable and frivolous.
2. Both have emphatically stressed that the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission and the bi-partisan Public Account Committee (PAC) have found no crime was committed. But both have also conveniently forgotten to note that he entire nation, nay the entire world are aware of the damning expose of the plethora of crimes commiitted as per the leaked Auditor General Report.
3. Now, most devastating is the fact that the attorney general of the United States, Loretta Lynch, made it official yesterday that after over a year of thorough investigation, at least US$3.5 billion (RM14.16b) belonging to the Malaysian people has been stolen.
4. Inter alia, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the US Department of Justice (DOJ), and the Internal Revenue Service (the US tax revenue agency) have
concluded that the Malaysian people were robbed.
5. They have conclusively arrived at their findings that the co-conspirators laundered their stolen funds through a complex webs of opaque transactions and fraudulent shelf companies and bank accounts around the world including Switzerland, Singapore and the United States…..”..The word ‘stolen’ were repeated many times.
6. It is an open secret now, that Prime Minister Najib Razak who created and led 1MDB worked hand-in-glove with flamboyant Low Taek Jho or Jho Low. The US Justice Department report listed three other 1MDB officials who were involved in this fraud and the Malaysia Official No.1, irrespective of who the person is.
7. In a strange and weird move, when all avenues of imploring authorities including the Attorney General, the MACC, the BNM, the Police and finally the Council of Rulers, l have no qualm to implore the MT of Umno (Majlis Tertinggi Umno), their Members of Parliament and the entire Umno fraternity, to act in unison to save the party you claimed to love and more importantly, to the save the nation and the Rakyat of Malaysia. If you failed the nation again, rest assured that you will be assigned to the dustbin of history as the ‘Traitors of the Nation’ – Pengkhianat Negara!
8. After all efforts of debunking and unseating the PM have failed, the MT is the last bastion as to get rid of Najib, the man who single-handedly usurped all powers and is responsible to bring this failing nation into the abyss of self-destruction.
9. The nation and its leaders of both divides, must patriotically be committed to an immediate comprehensive reform and turn around the nation to become both a vibrant and functional democracy.
Time to rise above partisan- and self- interest, and be counted as the True Patriots, regardless of our ideoligical conviction and political persuasion!
* Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad is Strategy Director of Parti Amanah Negara.